I know you've all been waiting in eager anticipation for my next entry so here you go...
My little brother Shaun entered the MTC about a week and a half ago and in his last letter told us that he loves it there. It's weird to have him gone, but we're excited for the opportunities he'll have and so happy that he's enjoying his experience at the MTC. He's going to be a great missionary!
I've fallen in love...with the express lane pass that you can purchase for the carpool lane. My dad has one that I stole for a couple of days and its great!! I love the feeling of flying by the slow traffic on my way to work. Tomorrow I'll be signing up for one of my own and making my commute a little happier...yippee!
I have a couple more books to recommend. These Is My Words is the first and although its a little sad, its a very good read. I'm currently reading its sequel, Sarah's Quilt and so far I'm enjoying it just as much as the first. I also decided to re-read some of the books I remember liking as a kid. From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankwiler is a classic. Who wouldn't want to live in a museum for a few days? I think it's delightful. I also re-read James and the Giant Peach and although I think the movie is pretty weird, the book is great.
And finally, I've successfully made jello...twice. I'm pretty dang proud.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Nice to hear from you again, Melissa! I loved These is my Words, too. I think Captain Elliot is one of my favorite heroes in literature.
Post a Comment