This morning I spent some time packing up old dresses that I can't bear to part with. My very talented mom made them all and I just can't let them go, but I wanted to clear up some closet space, so they're now in the basement. As I sorted through them, I was amused at the styles, and appalled at how bad my memory is! I can't remember wearing some of them!
And now, a tour of 10 dresses.
My mom finished this dress for me the day before I moved to Indiana. When I put it on for the first time in Indiana, I found some money pined inside one of the pockets. I have the best mom!
Can't so much remember why, but I really wanted a Hawaiian print dress, so my mom made me this one. I loved it, it was so comfy! And the buttons are little silver fish!
I wore this dress under my robes as I graduated from BYU.
A bridesmaid dress for one of my best friend's weddings.
An ode to floral prints and wide lace collars, with shoulder pads too! I must have been shorter then.
This dress made me look pregnant--not because of anything my mom did, it was just the style. I never wore it, I thought I'd save it for when I was pregnant... Obviously I've still never worn it...
3 comments:
I wonder how many dresses mom has made?
That's funny. Now I want to see pictures of you IN these dresses!
I loved this post. It actually brought back a lot of good memories for the dresses I remember you in and for the occassions I was there with you. Your mom is so talented!
So... for the first time in a long time we don't have anyone staying with us... until May I think. You should talk to Shannon about a trip out here. Give me a call.
Post a Comment