Monday, February 11, 2008

Embarrassing Moment

I was thinking the other day about some of the embarrassing moments I've had and thought I'd share one just for kicks. When I first became an assistant to the Credit Manager a few years ago, I attended my first company wide credit meeting. Lots of people attend these meetings and they go all day long. A big deal when you're new. After the morning meetings, we headed for lunch at a nearby chinese restaurant. All the credit managers were with us along with a couple of vice presidents and the president of the company. I sat down and started to look at the menu...suddenly I had a very dramatic sinking feeling and for good reason. The two back legs of my chair had buckled and next thing I knew I was on the floor and the president of the company was running around the table to make sure I was okay. I just stared at the ceiling for a moment with all these men looking down on me trying their best not to laugh. They helped me up and all I can say is I'm glad I wasn't wearing a skirt! We did get a free plate of wontons as compensation though. What more can you ask for?

2 comments:

Alvey family said...

Love it! You know I can relate with a good embarassing moment. Thanks for the good laugh this morning. I'm glad you started a blog. It's such a great way to keep in touch with people. Keep the posts coming.

the Cory family said...

I tagged you...go to my blog for instructions.