Today I told my sister I'd attend church with her and her kids because her husband had to work. But my parents and I had decided to drive the Alpine Loop this morning before church and I was running a bit late for her 1:00 ward. So I rushed over to Lehi, parked and hurried into the church building. I didn't see my sister there, so I plopped myself down in the nearest bench to wait for her, opened the hymn book and began to sing the first verse of the opening song. It wasn't until that first verse was over that I started looking around. There weren't any kids. I didn't recognize anyone. (I've attended her ward before and know a few people.) I thought about my drive over and suddenly realized...I was in the wrong building!!
I'm a dork.
In my rush, I'd stopped at the church down the street from my sister's building. They look the same both inside and out. So I picked myself back up, got back in the car and rushed over to the right building where my sister and her kids were waiting. Guess I should pay a little more attention sometimes...
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment