Yesterday I played in my first ever golf tournament. Keep in mind that my golf experience up to this point included exactly three trips to the driving range, one of which took place maybe 15 years ago. Luckily my next door neighbor is an avid golfer so I got to tag along a couple of times when he took his daughter to the driving range in preparation for my big tournament. After the second trip I could hit the ball most of the time...
So when we hit the course yesterday it was pretty hilarious. I don't think I hit the ball even most of the time. Lucky for me it was a scramble so my lack of talent didn't matter too much. I just couldn't get over how long it took! We were on that course for almost 5 hours. By the 18th hole, I was done! But I had great guys to play with--the other credit managers at work--who were extremely patient and helped me out whenever they could. They kept telling me we were out there just to have fun. Fun? I guess so... Needless to say, we didn't win, or even place, but now I can say I've actually played a round of golf and survived. Thank goodness this tournament only comes around once a year! I just don't think that golf is my thing...
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You are a good sport, I can't say I would have wanted to golf with some of those guys. Did Mark go? How are things, we still need to get together one of these days, maybe when I am on fall break....
You know, golf isn't my thing, either.
Post a Comment